The L-1 Institute's cooperation offer for the industry:
The cooperation offer of the Institute of Building Materials and Structures L-11 with industry includes scientific and research works, scientific and technical opinions and expertise in the field of:
- research and evaluation of the properties of building materials and products,
- diagnostic tests of materials, including destructive and non-destructive testing of materials in existing facilities,
- works in the field of new building materials and technological and material solutions,
- assessing the aggressiveness of the environment and the causes and the degree of destruction of materials in existing structures,
- development of anti-corrosion protections methods for materials in construction,
- experimental tests of elements and structures under static, dynamic and cyclic loading, acceptance tests of stuctures (including load tests),
- diagnostics of durability of building elements and assessment of the safety of load-bearing structure of building and engineering structures, including historic buildings, taking into account environmental influences and chemo-mechanical interactions,
- expertise and assessment of the technical condition of the structure, analysis and assessment of emergencies,
- projects of repair and strengthtening and structures,
- energy-efficient construction solutions, acoustics of interiors and building partitions, thermal insulation evaluation of designed and existing building partitions, auditing and energy assessment of buildings and their thermo-modernization.
Moreover, in the Research Laboratory of Building Materials and Structures standardized tests are carried out, of application and direct suitability in construction, including 23 accredited features in the scope of:
- physical properties of concrete mixtures,
- mechanical properties of concretes,
- mechanical properties of steel bars, including reinforcing bars,
- load-bearing capacity and deformability when bending reinforced concrete elements,
- load bearing and crackresistance of railway monoblock sleepers made of prestressed concrete,
- fastening systems for railway sleepers.
The experience of Institute staff gained while conducting scientific-research and engineering works allow for the performance of scientific and technical opinions and expertise and other studies in the field of: research and assessment of the properties of building materials and products; diagnostic tests of materials, including destructive and non-destructive testing of materials in structures; studies in the field of new building materials and technological and material solutions; designing an optimal composition of high strength and lightweight high strength concrete, self-compacting concrete and special purpose; assessing the aggressiveness of the environment and the degree and causes of the destruction of materials in existing structures; developing methods of anti-corrosion protection of materials in facilities; diagnostics of durability of building elements and assessment of the safety of the supporting structure of all construction and engineering objects, including historic buildings; experimental tests of elements and structures under static and dynamic load; acceptance testing of facilities (including test loads); assessment of technical condition of the structure, analysis and assessment of emergency conditions, carrying out repair projects and strengthening structures.
The Institute's employees are prepared to consult and verify construction and executive projects of complex industrial construction, public utility buildings and housing construction.
The Institute is also prepared to perform analyzes and technical opinions related to: energy-efficient architectural solutions, interior acoustics and building partitions, evaluation of thermal insulation of designed and existing building partitions, identification of the so-called thermal bridges, determining the causes of occurrence of moisture and molding of building partitions, as well as energy auditing and thermo-modernization.