The procedure of nostrification proceeding is defined in the Regulation issued by the Minister of Science and Higher Education on August 19, 2015 (Journal of Laws of September 24, 2015, item 1467).
- Person applying for the nostrification of a higher education diploma obtained abroad and a professional title awarded as a result of this education, submits to the selected board of the university organizational unit entitled to confer the doctor's degree in the specific field of science or the field of art, providing education in the field of higher education whose completion is confirmed by the diploma obtained abroad, hereinafter referred to as the "nostrification Council", an application to initiate nostrification proceedings.
The application includes:
The application is accompanied by:
- name, surname and address of the person applying for the nostrification of the diploma obtained abroad;
- full name of qualifications or professional qualifications acquired abroad;
- the date of issue of the diploma;
- the name of the institution that issued the diploma;
- the name of the country in which the institution of higher education that issued the diploma operates;
- the name of the certificate or diploma on the basis of which the person applying for the nostrification of the diploma obtained abroad has been admitted to the university issuing the diploma, the date of issue of the certificate or diploma, the name of the institution that issued the certificate or diploma, and the name of the state in whose school system the institution that issued the certificate or diploma operates.
- the original of the diploma obtained abroad - for inspection;
- copies of documents allowing to assess the course of studies and learning outcomes as well as the duration of studies (supplement to the diploma, list of completed courses - along with the number of hours and grades, index or other document).
The documents mentioned above should be translated into Polish by a sworn translator entered in the list of sworn translators kept by the Minister of Justice or prepared or certified by the relevant consul of the Republic of Poland.
- The day the application to the nostrification council is submited is the initiation date of the nostrification proceeding.
- The nostrification proceeding ends no later than 90 days from the date the application meeting the formal requirements has been submitted.
- In the case the differences in the curriculum, learning outcomes or duration of studies are found, the nostrification council may adopt a resolution on the need to pass the missing examinations by the person applying for nostrification of the diploma obtained abroad, indicating the conditions and deadlines for their completion.
- The nostrification proceeding ends with the resolution of the nostrification council on either:
- recognition of the diploma as equivalent to the relevant Polish diploma of higher education and professional title or
- refusal to recognize the diploma as equivalent to an appropriate Polish diploma of higher education and professional title.
- If the diploma is recognized as equivalent to the relevant Polish diploma of higher education and the professional title, the applicant receives a relevant certificate.
Application template for download